Summer is the perfect time to trim trees. It’ll keep your yard looking tidy, improve the yard’s health and make your trees more beautiful.
Trimming trees in the summer is safe, easy on your wallet, and gentle on the environment! This article will explain how to safely trim trees during the summer months so you don’t have to wait until fall to get started.
If you’re looking for an excellent tree trimming service in Sewell, NJ, look no further than Bumblebee Tree Service! With many years of experience in the business, we have the expertise necessary to make sure your trees look beautiful and healthy.
Many homeowners ask, “can you trim trees in the summer?” The answer is yes! While we don’t recommend touching a tree during the hottest part of summer (and we don’t want you to be outside when it’s at its hottest), there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to trim your trees during milder seasons of summer months. Our team recommends doing so because it will help improve the health of your trees and their appearance.
Trimming Trees in the Summer (Things You Should Know)
Are you thinking about trimming your trees in the summer? If so, we have some good news: you absolutely can! But before you get out your pruning shears and start chopping away, there are a few things you should know.
First, it’s important to note that the best time to do tree pruning is during fall or winter. This is because when trees are dormant (i.e., not actively growing), they don’t need as much water, and any cuts will be less likely to become infected. When it comes to summertime trimming, you’ll want to ensure that your trees are healthy and thriving before taking action.
You’ll also want to remember that summertime pruning tends to be more invasive than its colder counterpart. Because the heat makes it easier for insects and disease-causing pathogens like fungi to spread quickly throughout a plant’s system, cutting into its branches during this time of year may cause more harm than good—especially if there are already signs of infestation nearby!
Benefits Of Trimming Your Trees in The Summertime
Here are reasons you should consider trimming your trees in the summer:
- It’s easier to see where you’re cutting without leaves getting in the way. Summer tree pruning also means less risk of injury from falling branches.
- It helps prevent disease and pests from spreading through your tree population. If you wait until fall or winter to trim back dead limbs and branches that have fallen over time, those limbs may harbor diseases and insects that can damage other parts of your tree or spread to nearby trees.
- It helps prevent damage from storms and high winds that might come later in the year. This is especially important if you live in an area prone to hurricanes or other severe weather events like tornadoes or blizzards.
- A certified arborist’s tree trimming in the summer allows sunlight onto new growth areas. Pruning a tree limb in the summer ensures they flourish more quickly than when older growth areas shade them.
- It prevents dead branches from falling on people or cars, damaging property, or causing injury.
- It helps prevent insect infestations by creating an inhospitable environment for bugs and other pests trying to take up residence in your tree’s canopy.
Call Bumblebee Tree Service, LLC.
So can you trim trees in the summer? Yes! If you don’t feel comfortable doing the work yourself and want to know more about pruning trees, hire our professional tree service today! At Bumblebee Tree Service, LLC., we’re great at what we do and will make sure that your trees are healthy and beautiful for years to come! Call us at 609-352-0499 for a free estimate in South Jersey.